Addiction to drugs can take a number of forms:
- Excessive use of over the counter medications;
- Over reliance on prescription medications, such as benzodiazepines or sleeping tablets;
- Excessive marijuana use, that may be worsening depression or anxiety;
- Addiction to drugs such as amphetamines or ecstasy.
Our approach is based on harm minimisation and offers individual treatment therapy and support. See here for more information.
Some people with an addiction may not require a hospital stay. Mind Hub courses or programs can be a good alternative. Group programs aim to change the patterns of behaviour and develop positive ways of coping with stress and cravings.
Our approach is based on harm minimisation and offers treatment, individual and group therapy in a supported environment to facilitate recovery.
Detox is the first part in recovery from any type of addiction. Detox can take one to two weeks at The Hobart Clinic. The specialist team will carefully monitor the person’s physical and mental health during withdrawal.
Post Clinic Care
Post Clinic Care is an important part of the recovery journey and the prevention of relapse. Mind Hub Courses & Programs are conducted at both the eastern shore and city centre clinics. They focus on:
- Controlling cravings;
- Managing stress;
- Identifying triggers;
- Developing positive ways to manage difficult situations.